7 Ways To Improve And Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile For Success
LinkedIn is the social network giant of the business world. More people turn to it to find clients, jobs and employees than any other network. However, being found on it can be a struggle for many users who are looking to use LinkedIn for something more than a digital Rolodex.
When it comes to job seekers some of the best jobs are never posted because recruiters are busy searching for the ideal candidate. Having an optimized profile is crucial in being found.
LinkedIn is a search engine with its own search algorithm, leveraging it is as simple as following these 7 tips.
Improve your LinkedIn profile:
- Complete your profile to 100% leave no stone un-turned.
- Recommendations have their place. It’s important to have as many recommendations as possible. Try to have at least 10 recommendations as this will help give you a boost in ranking. Even if it didn’t you should want to build your recommendations as it makes you even more appealing to recruiters and potential employers.
- Optimize your title for keywords. Optimizing your title properly. Catchy headlines won’t necessarily help you land a gig or job. Especially if no one can find you. Also, feel free to state in your bio which position or titles you are looking to make a jump to. This will help recruiters looking for similar people to come across your profile.
- Endorsements help you show up more frequently. Though it’s uncertain the number required, but it does play a role.
- Customize your URL. This not only helps you to be found by name(your name) on LinkedIn but the search engines as well. Use your full name and not your alter ego’s. 🙂
- Optimize your current and past job history. Recruiters search for candidates by job description, skills and responsibilities. However, don’t over do it as keyword stuffing will have a negative effect. When going through you job history be sure to bullet point your responsibilities and skills. I prefer bullet point skills and responsibilities. Makes it easier for visitors to scan your profile.
- Growing your network is the key because people in your network will see you first when doing a search above those who aren’t linked to them.
Feel free to check out my LinkedIn profile and add me. Do you like the stars on my profile? (★★★). This is a great way to make your profile stand out. Just copy and past them and use them as bullet points. Let me know how these tips helped you. If you have any additional tips feel free to add them in the comments below.