How And Why You Should Evaluate Your Online Marketing
When’s the last time you evaluated your online marketing campaigns?When’s the last time you evaluated your online marketing campaigns? Online marketing initiatives are launched all the time, but are rarely evaluated for effectiveness.
Yes, we all know when we see a poor or great campaign, but how often do we take that data and learn from it? In many cases it’s having a fresh pair of eyes looking at your online efforts can help.
I’ve out lined some of the things you need to take a look at and analyze. It can sometimes be small improvements that really improve your bottom-line, but you need to know what to look at.
How well is your paid search performing?
- When’s the last time you tested landing pages and ad copy?
- Have you cut under-performing terms?
- Have you kept up with negative terms?
- Have you tried other platforms or new features on existing platforms?
How’s your email marketing performing?
- Are open and click through rates rising, declining or are they flat?
- How can you improve it?
- How effect are your subject lines
- Are your emails being marked spam?
How is your Organic search rankings (SEO)?
- Are you ranking for your key-terms?
- What is the conversion rate of those terms?
- Are those terms still valid?
What’s your social media strategy?
- Do you have one?
- How effective is it?
- Are you targeting the right networks?
How is your re-marketing campaigns performing?
- Are you doing it?
- Are you doing it correctly?
- Are you viewing conversions to find new opportunities for media buys?
How is your website performing?
- How dated (outdated) is your site?
- How well does it convert?
- Are conversions up, down or flat?
- What’s the bounce rate?
- How does it compare to your competitors?
- Does it provide the most pertinent information up front?
- Are you using call tracking to monitor traffic sources that produce calls?
These are just some of the things you should be evaluating. In fact, every aspect of your online marketing should be looked in to. How often should you reevaluate your online campaigns? At least once a year compare your goals year over year and evaluate. Waiting too long to identify issues will not only cost you money but it may take longer to pinpoint issues as there will be more data to shift through.
If you’re still no sure on how to evaluate your online marketing – contact me.